Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Law of Attraction Awareness

My husband and I had been invited to a wedding of a friend of his from a former job. We were sitting at the reception, talking with each other, waiting for the bride and groom to arrive. He mentioned wanting some barbecue, maybe some Brunswick stew, and I mentioned that our son had said something about getting some Brunswick stew from the grocery store deli where he worked. He mentioned a specific barbecue restaurant, Country's BBQ, and I said, well, why don't we go to dinner there tonight? He agreed.

We enjoyed the wedding reception and got to meet more of his friend's family. The friend - the groom - asked my husband if he wanted to hang around a bit and maybe go out to dinner that night since he didn't get a lot to eat at the reception. I asked my husband, are you sure? I know this is a second marriage for them, but the kids are going to be gone tonight and I would think they'd want to be alone for a while. He'd better run this by his wife.

To my surprise she agreed, and we helped them carry some gifts back to their house. Once the kids were dropped off we headed out to eat - at Country's BBQ. So he got his barbecue chicken and stew, we got some takeout for our son, and the bride and groom paid for our dinner.

_____________________________________________

Our son has a job at a local grocery store. One of his duties is running the carts back into the store from the parking lot. He and his co-workers are allowed to wear their iPods while outside on the lot. My husband and I felt that was dangerous and told our son so. We felt it was a safety hazard with cars zipping in and out and sometimes people not paying close attention. He said it was boring on the lot and he always kept the music low enough to hear what was around him and he always looked where he was going. We weren't happy about it, but we still didn't like it. My husband expressed a desire that he not be allowed to wear the headphones while on the parking lot.

Our son came home the other day and told me that he was written up that day. He was on the lot, listening to his music, pushing the carts, and even though he'd looked FOUR times (he made sure to tell me that) this lady came from nowhere in the lot. She apparently complained, saying that he had run out in front of her. So now he is not allowed to wear his headphones on the lot.

Our son isn't very happy, but we are. And we're glad he's safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment