Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

How Real Desires are Determined

I love to read over old posts at Good Vibe Blog. There is so much information there.

I came across this comment on one post and it explained a lot of questions I had about how our desires are determined through Law of Attraction, even though some of our desires seem to compete with each other (like my desire to both travel AND build a house.)

On Good Vibe Blog - From: M Kenneth Petruzzi on April 11, 2011 at 6:16 am (Word Vibes)

I think that the term "You manifest what you think about" or "We get what we pay attention to" works conceptually as well as literally. In other words, since the Universe is brilliantly creative, and each of us always has competing desires going on at any given time, the Universe answers all things in a brilliantly creative way that fits within our consensus reality in a way that considers all our desires and energy diversions at any given time, and serves all.

Kenneth goes on to explain a comment that one coach uses in his teachings. The comment is that if we truly became what we constantly thought about, that he would have become a cheerleader in high school.

Kenneth says that while that person may not actually BECOME a cheerleader, that he would definitely have noticed them more than usual, maybe even dated one.

And that is how our desires are met, even what seem to be conflicting desires.

We don't necessarily want something tangible. We want how we think it will make us feel.

A boy thinking about cheerleaders wants to feel good about himself. He wants the attention of a pretty girl. He may have a belief that dating a cheerleader will make him more popular, so that is what he really wants.

I don't necessarily want to live permanently on the road in an RV. What I want is the freedom to explore that choice, the freedom to come and go. That is what I'm really looking for. Freedom to choose where to go, what to see, the excitement of a new place and new experience. But I also want the choice to stay home where things are familiar and have that experience. Ultimately, it all comes down to having the freedom to make my own decisions about how I spend my time.

(Freedom - I think I'm going to call that my 'soul' word. It is really resonating with me)

What are some conflicting desires you may have? Think about what you may really want instead, what feeling you're after.

And while you're doing that, think back to your past where you thought you wanted something in particular but got something different, but just as satisfying.

Like the song says,

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you get what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment