Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Resting, Resting

Even with everything that I have learned over the last year about LOA and about myself and all the changes that have been happening, there are still difficulties in life. There are still frustration. There is still disappointment. There are still issues to overcome. The difference, though, is that I am different. I am recognizing patterns in myself that have been formed over the past 40 years, patterns formed at home with family, at school with teachers and classmates, patterns formed with co-workers, patterns formed with my husband and my son. Some patterns can be good and helpful, like a routine. But other patterns can be harmful, and I'm having to face my own limited beliefs and my own behavior within those patterns because that is all that I can control.

There are a lot of techniques learned in the study of LOA-- meditation, vision boards, journaling, affirmations, and probably more that I just haven't learned about yet. But there has to come a time when you just have to stop and believe. Dreams are coming true. Changes are being made. Looking back over time it's easier to see them. Living through the changes, day after day, we are too close to them. We aren't seeing the forest because we're only seeing the trees right in front of us.

During the church service on Mother's Day there was a song that touched this part of me, the part of me that is still trying so hard to do this right, even as I know there is no "right" way to do anything. These are all just tools, all just ways to feel good, to feel better. But sometimes we just need to be in the moment, right now, and stop trying to "make" something happen. Sometimes we just need to believe. Our blessings are here, right now, and more are coming.

The song is Jesus, I am Resting, Resting. The verse follows:

Simply trusting thee, Lord Jesus, I behold the as thou art.
And thy love so pure, so changeless, satisfies my heart.
Satisfies its deepest longings, meets, supplies its every need.
Compasseth me round with blessings, thine is love indeed.




No comments:

Post a Comment