Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Living my perfect life - now

I realized something yesterday morning. I realized that I was living a beautiful and wonderful life. And I am. Yes, there are still dreams I have and things to do. But right now, at this moment, I am living my beautiful life.

This is something I told my sweetie when he asked about coming home. I've always seemed to find a Bible verse that speaks to me. For a long time, it was Hebrews 11:1. Now, though, the verse is from Joel.

Joel 2:25 - I will restore to you the years the locusts have eaten.

I discovered Joel when I read the book After the Locusts by Jan Coleman. The book did speak to me, and I believed without a doubt that if my husband and I were to reconcile that our next 20 years would be wonderful. It would be new life, a new beginning. I knew that God would restore those years to us. But I also knew that even if he had decided not to return that God was faithful. He promises that he will restore the years and I believed him. He told me I would be okay and I believed him. I told my ex husband that I did
want him to come home, that I was claiming that verse from Joel, and we would have a wonderful and beautiful life.

And I realized yesterday that I am living that life. There is no thought about that life being after we buy our land and build the house we always talked about. There is no thought about when I become a successful author. No thought about when I weigh x number of pounds or have long, sleeky, shiny hair. I have, right this moment, everything I've ever wanted and never appreciated.

I have the love of my life back with me.
I have my son, who is everything that was promised to me.
I have my parents, especially my mom, who is a great support and best
friend to me.
I still have my grandparents.
I have a job that pays well and had great benefits.
I sold my first short story and it will be published within the next month.
I live in a beautiful house in the historic district of town.

Yes, we are living that beautiful, wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment